Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Superbowl Sunday? Breakfast for Dinner!

While we were snowed in last week, I went cooking crazy! As a result of my cooking I had nearly half a gallon of buttermilk left over that was about to expire. The only thing I could really think of that requires buttermilk was ranch dressing or PANCAKES. I found an amazing recipe for Buttermilk Pancakes, and a link to homemade Buttermilk Caramel Syrup! It's heavenly. The pancakes have whipped egg whites stirred in at the end that make the pancakes unbelievably light and fluffy.  And the syrup is sinfully good (I don't even want to count the calories; just pretending I used Splenda not sugar!). The syrup is basically like making carmels; you've really got to keep an eye on the temperature. And of course it helps if you remember to add the sugar at the right time... (oops!) Yes, it's rather time consuming and makes quite a few dishes. But they will be the best pancakes you've ever had, I promise!  The best part is that we've now got about 15 pancakes in the freezer ready to defrost for a quick and delicious breakfast!

While you're looking at the recipes (Do it now!), take some time to look around the rest of their website. I've been making at least two of their recipes each week. They're fabulous, every last one, with the exception of the Butermilk Cheddar Biscuits (the reason I originally bought the buttermilk, actually). For whatever reason, mine were a complete flop. Way too brown and zero flavor. Anyway, just try the pancakes and you will fall in love! Thanks to Our Best Bites for the mouthwatering Breakfast for Dinner!

Tomorrow night after my exam, I'm making homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment