Saturday, February 19, 2011

Menu Plan....Saturday?

I used to do Menu Plan Monday, but now due to the absolute craziness that occupy my Mondays, it's now a weekend task.

Monday: Leftovers/Soups from the freezer (Work and class night)
Tuesday: My Favorite Porkchops with green beans
Wednesday: Dinner with the Stiners
Thursday: Shepard's Pie
Friday: Fend for yourself, grocery shopping night
Saturday: BBQ Pulled Pork (slowcook in crockpot all day while I'm at work)
Sunday: LIFE group

We're going heavy on the pork for the next few weeks because a family member generously offered us meat they didn't have room for in the freezer.  I'm really looking forward to the BBQ pork, especially after a long day of work.

On another note, I had a cooking "first" this week. I cooked with anchovies for the first time ever...and it was interesting.  I made a recipe for Caesar Spaghetti from my new Rachael Ray Look + Cook cookbook that I got for Christmas.  It was delicious, but I was a little unnerved by the smell and the general concept of using anchovies.  Next time, I think I'm going to skip the anchovies and go a little heavier on the garlic to compensate.

I've also been breakfast food crazy ever since my last post.  I've made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins and Blueberry muffins to eat half/freeze half.  I'm also going to make mini loaves of banana bread and a batch of whole grain muffins to freeze as well.  I'm not usually a breakfast eater, but I've been trying to eat a little something every morning to help boost my metabolism.  It's really helped me to control my portion size at dinner because I'm not as hungry.  I've been adding the recipes into MyFitnessPal (my FREE online food diary) to calculate the nutrition facts for the baked goods I've made.  I've been so-so about counting calories the last month, but I'm really going to try and take advantage of this short break from exams to focus on my health.  I'll post some recipes from my recent baking craze soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment