Friday, October 8, 2010

Not the world's happiest first post, but glad to be celebrating our first two months of happiness

Hi there! I've been meaning to start this blog for quite awhile now, and my insomnia seems to finally be paying off for once. In case you don't know me, I'm Amy Stiner- newlywed, pharmacy student, Christian, etc. My husband Kyle and I were married on August 7, 2010, making today our two month anniversary =) I'm currently in year four of six of my Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree. I'll try not to go on my pharmacy tangents too often, but since it's a large portion of what I live, eat, sleep and breathe I guarantee it will slip in here and there.

Kyle and I love married life! We truly are best friends, and it's such a blessing that we have each other as a support system, especially with everything going on in our lives right now. Both of our families seem to be plagued with medical problems and other issues ever since our wedding. We are blessed with a supportive family, a growing church family, and wonderful friends.

My fall break is about to start, so I have several goals to accomplish on my extra two days off.

1. Finish our wedding thank you notes!!!!
-I'm so ready to be done with these! Since we got married just two weeks before my classes started I did not get many done right away. I've been chugging along on them, but NO MORE! I want them done and in the mail by Wednesday morning!

2. Organize our desk.
-There's no other word for it except disaster. Complete disaster. I've got stacks of paper to sort and file, plus I need to find homes for all the little odds and ends so that our desk is FUNCTIONAL again!

3. Deep clean our apartment.
-With a one bedroom apartment, it shouldn't be that difficult to stay on top of cleaning, right? Wrong! Everything gets cluttered sooooo easily, which makes it hard to do a little cleaning each day. My mom and grandma are going to come visit me on Monday and offered to help, so I'm sure our place will be spotless in no time! I also want to come up with a weekly checklist so that I don't get so behind in the future.

4. Schedule my time, i.e. ORGANIZE MY LIFE!
-I seem to be constantly reminded of my complete lack of discipline. I want to develop a schedule of my time and be very deliberate about how I use my time. I need to devote more time to my personal quiet time. I need to be studying for EVERY class on a daily basis. I need to give myself time every evening to prepare us for the next day.

5. Relax and catch up on sleep!
-This seems like the opposite of most of my previous goals, but it's definitely much needed. I've been running on empty this week and the dark circles under my eyes proved it! I'm going to get some R&R, go on a date with Kyle, hopefully cook some yummy meals, and spend some much needed time with family.

Check back for updates (and pictures, if I can figure out how to add them in the appropriate size) on my progress! I'm making a double batch of my favorite lasagna to take to Kyle's family tomorrow. I'll post the recipe soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment